- 1/2 in backer Rod -Amazon.com: 1/2 Inch x130 Feet Backer Rod For Gaps & Joints : Everything Else
- Zonas Tape 1in ( if you can find it) or a porous cloth tape - Amazon.com: Porous Tape 3 Pack Soft Fabric Cloth Breathable Surgical/Medical Adhesive Tape 1" Wide x 10 Yards roll + Vakly 1st Aid Kit Guide (3) : Health & Household
- Skin Bond, we use Osto-Bond Skin Bonding Adhesive -Amazon.com: TORBOT Liquid Bonding Cement : Office Products
- Duck Tape, we get fun patterns but you don't have to. -Amazon.com: Duck Brand: Printed Duck Tape
- Gauze pads - Amazon.com: Band Aid Brand First Aid Products Tru-Absorb Sterile Gauze Sponges for Cleaning and Cushioning Minor Wounds, Cuts & Burns, Low-Lint Design, Individually Wrapped 4 in by 4 in Pads : Health & Household
- gold bond powder - Amazon.com : Gold Bond Medicated Talc-Free Original Strength Body Powder, Cooling, Absorbing, Itch Relief, 10 Ounce (Pack of 1) : Health & Household
- Uni-Solve Adhesive remover, this is very important. It will take the tape and post off the ear gently - Amazon.com: Uni-Solve Adhesive Remover 8 Ounce Bottle : Health & Household
Making the Post
- Measure how long the ear is, from the base of the ear to just a little over the tip of the ear. Than cut the backer rod to that length
- On the botton 1/2 in. of the backer rod cut at an angle to allow the backer rod to set against the inside of the ear.
- Measure the length of the backer rod to just above where you cut the angle into the bottom.
- Than roll the backer rod onto the duct tape. You may need two pieces of duct tape, to get the desired stiffness.
- Cut your gauze pad to fit on the bottom 1/2 in. of your post where you cut the angle into. Than wrap around this section and tape at the top by the duct tape
- Measure out two pieces of Zonas tape about 3 inches long and 2 pieces of Zonas tape about 5 inches.
- 3 in. pieces will be for the top of the ear
- 5 in. pieces for the bottom of the ear
- Lightly brush the glue onto the side of the post that will be against the ear
- powder the bottom of the post with the gauze, this will help avoid ear infections and absorb any oils from the ear
- now place the post in the ear making sure to get in deep in the pocket,
- stretch the ear up, and take your 3 in. piece of tape and place it around the tip of the ear, DO NOT DO IT TIGHTLY
- you should only be placing it around the tip of the ear and post it does not need to be tight to work
- now take you 5 in piece of tape and lightly place around the bottom of the ear making sure to go with the natural fold of the ear.
- repeat on the other side
- for your bridge you will need about 1 ft. of the Zonas tape
- to do your bridge, place one ear between your pinky and ring finger, and the other ear between your pointer and middle finger.
- pull the ears up a little bit and than take your 1 ft. tape and place around both ears